Holy Family

Holy Family

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feast of Saint John of God

Good morning. Today's blog will be a bit brief as I'm at Chicago O'Hare having been stranded here last night. I have been gone from my bride of 31 years and I do long to be back home. Today's Gospel is a quite well known story about Lazarus the Poor Man. It occurred to me this morning as I read this story how very rich we are. It occurred to me how fortunate I am to have a wife and home to long for and a family to share in my life with me. We all need to seize occasions such as this opportunity which I have been presented to truly be grateful for those things we have for time is brief. As our Saint whose life we celebrate today saint John of God notes: "Labor without stopping; do all the good works you can while you still have the time." Yes,we all need to truly embrace those opportunities we have while we have the opportunity to do so. Carpe diem! Seize the day! Make a great day!

 Today we recall the good life, gifts, and work of Saint John of God.
















No comments:

Post a Comment