Holy Family

Holy Family

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feast of Saint David of Wales

Good morning. In today’s Gospel we are called to forsake all for the sake of the Gospel. “Jesus said, “Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands for my sake and for the sake of the Gospel who will not receive a hundred times more now in this present age.” (Mk 10: 29-30) We are likewise called to a similar task in marriage. In marriage we are called to forsake all things for the sake of the marriage. Yet do we? How often do we allow other things to come between ourselves and our partner? Are there limits to what we might set aside for our marriage? On the day we wed, each of us promised our love and our life to our spouse. Yet how often do we respond with “Yes, I love you but…” How often do we respond with “Yes, I love you but only if...
• You’re beautiful
• You’re young
• You’re able to make me happy
• You’re able to support me
• You’re healthy
• You’re in agreement with my plans
• You’re able to satisfy me
• You’re willing to…

Make a great day!

Today we recall the good life, gifts, and works of Saint David of Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment