Holy Family

Holy Family

Friday, October 5, 2012

Feast of Saint Faustina Kowalska


Good morning. Carpe diem! Seize the day! The Gospel reminds us to seize opportunities when they presents themselves and to avoid taking things for granted. We read in today's first reading how appreciative and attentive Job is of God's presence in his life.  In the Gospel, Jesus reminds us that we need to take seriously the word of God and to respond to His word and to make known His love and mercy for us. Today we celebrate the life of Saint Faustina who throughout her brief 33 years of life seized each opportunity she could to be a model of mercy to others. So too we should follow her example to seize every opportunity afforded us. We should seize every opportunity toward being truly grateful, towards being truly grateful for each other. In the spirit of Saint Faustina we should seize every opportunity to love with a deep love, being authentic gifts of self for one another; and in times of pain or disappointment to carry each other’s difficulties. She wrote in her Diary: "I feel tremendous pain when I see the sufferings of my neighbors. All my neighbors' sufferings reverberate in my own heart; I carry their anguish in my heart in such a way that it even physically destroys me. I would like all their sorrows to fall upon me, in order to relieve my neighbor" This is the type of love we are each called to, let us not miss the opportunity to make known His love and mercy. One way is through seizing every opportunity to praise and verbally raise up our partner. Yes, we all need to truly embrace those opportunities we have while we have the opportunity to do so. Carpe diem! Seize the day! Make a great day! 

Today we recall the good life, gifts, and work of Saint Faustina Kowalska.


No comments:

Post a Comment