Holy Family

Holy Family

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Feast of Saint Stephen of Hungary

Good morning. Over the course of my thirty years as a counselor I’ve come to understand that with no exceptions the number one reason folks wind-up divorced is because of misdirected priorities. The problem lies in not giving your attention to your marriage, in not giving it your all. If our priorities are directed toward what they should be then there would be very few divorces. However, as in today’s Gospel we tend to direct our attentions to everything other than what we should. It is easy to focus our attention on detaching ourselves from money and possessions in reading the Gospel today, but it is likewise clear that Jesus intends to inform us that anything which comes between the Kingdom and ourselves should be gotten rid of. Just as we should ask ourselves what in my life comes between God and myself, we should ask ourselves the following; what keeps me from being everything I should be for my spouse? We should look to our day-to-day activities and decide what is not contributing to my marriage. We should look each day to our marriage and decide what it is we can do to make it better. Make a choice to give your marriage your all today. Make a great day!

Today we recall the good life, gifts, and works of Saint Stephen of Hungary.





No comments:

Post a Comment